Our market research which includes social and opinion research, is the systematic gathering and interpretation of information about individuals or organizations using statistical and analytical methods and techniques of the applied social sciences to gain insight or support decision making.
We are the leading provider of market research reports and industry analysis on products, markets, companies and industries in Ghana.
Market research provides relevant data to help solve challenges that your business will most likely face–an integral part of the business planning process..
You have your choice of offerings ranging from the simplest CD to more complex, structured fixed-income investment at affordable pricing with EcoCapital. To add bonds or CDs to your portfolio today, contact us.
EcoCapital may act as principal on any fixed-income transaction. When acting as principal and receiving compensation on a net yield basis, we will add a markup to any purchase, and subtract a markdown from every sale. The markup or markdown will be included in the price and yield quoted to you.
If you’re looking to invest a lump sum, a fixed rate bond could be perfect. It pays a guaranteed amount of interest for a set length of time. You probably won’t be allowed to access your savings during the fixed term, so invest money you can afford to lock away.
Money Market Instruments provide the tools by which one can operate in the money market.
Types Of Money Market Instruments
- Treasury Bills: The Treasury bills are short-term money market instrument that mature in a year or less than that. The purchase price is less than the face value. At maturity the government pays the Treasury Bill holder the full face value.The Treasury Bills are marketable, affordable and risk free. The security attached to the treasury bills comes at the cost of very low returns.
- Certificate of Deposit: The certificates of deposit are basically time deposits that are issued by the commercial banks with maturity periods ranging from 3 months to five years. The return on the certificate of deposit is higher than the Treasury Bills because it assumes a higher level of risk.Advantages of Certificate of Deposit as a money market instrument
1. Since one can know the returns from before, the certificates of deposits are considered much safe.
2. One can earn more as compared to depositing money in savings account.
3. The Federal Insurance Corporation guarantees the investments in the certificate of deposit.Disadvantages of Certificate of deposit as a money market instrument:
1. As compared to other investments the returns is less.
2. The money is tied along with the long maturity period of the Certificate of Deposit. Huge penalties are paid if one gets out of it before maturity.
- Commercial Paper: Commercial Paper is short-term loan that is issued by a corporation use for financing accounts receivable and inventories. Commercial Papers have higher denominations as compared to the Treasury Bills and the Certificate of Deposit. The maturity period of Commercial Papers are a maximum of 9 months. They are very safe since the financial situation of the corporation can be anticipated over a few months.
- Banker’s Acceptance: It is a short-term credit investment. It is guaranteed by a bank to make payments. The Banker’s Acceptance is traded in the Secondary market. The banker’s acceptance is mostly used to finance exports, imports and other transactions in goods. The banker’s acceptance need not be held till the maturity date but the holder has the option to sell it off in the secondary market whenever he finds it suitable.